Realities of COVID, vaccination, and intensive care becoming clear in New Zealand

If you know anybody who is unsure about getting vaccinated, this speaks volumes about how well our system is set up to cope with an epidemic. Please share. 32 cases in hospital in one city and we’re calling for help. My ICU was unable to help because all our staff were busy already. ICUs around NZ struggle to cope with day to day workload. When you have a life-threatening illness and we have no ICU beds, you are much more likely to die. If you are vaccinated it stops you from getting sick, and if you do get COVID it prevents you from getting seriously ill.

4 Likes

@Mat, NSW infographic below in support of your statement. Translating 173 in ICU for the population of NSW (8.2 million), would place our hospitals into surge mitigation :frowning: image

1 Like

Thanks Era! A nice infographic which shows elegantly that the COVID epidemic is becoming an epidemic of the unvaccinated.
One thing we can take comfort from is that if the disease is capable of infecting vaccinated people, then there is at least a reasonable chance that it will not be replaced by a new strain who’s single evolutionary advantage is that it evades the vaccine… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone got data on NZ breakdown like this?

1 Like

@Mat do you mind if I use your quote - would like to share on my facebook page … A statement like yours is something people outside of health need to hear.

1 Like