- Business cases to ensure ongoing funding and support for the site
- Ongoing planning and development of the site
- If in the future you consent to being involved in a specific research project, we will use the data in the manner clearly explained in the consent.
This is not a commercial site and never will be, therefore we NEVER use tracking cookies (which share information about where you have been online and what you have done between different websites) or share the database information about you or your activities with other websites or commercial organisations.
We will share information as required under any NZ statutory requirements, or if we gain explicit consent from you to share your information with other bodies or organisations with similar goals.
We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
When registering on our site, you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, employer, and other details as a condition of joining. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To ensure that you are a health professional
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to give you a high signal-to-noise ratio
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. These are all current best practice, and updated frequently.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
- Delete all personal data when requested by a user
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. Most users of Health Forum NZ are health professionals, and are expected to respect confidentiality and privacy as they do in other health context. Their access is limited to specific areas of the Forum only, with private communications (within Private Categories or Private Groups) only visible to specified people.
There are a small number of information technology professionals who have full administrator access to Health Forum NZ; this includes access to private communications. They are ethically bound to respect confidentiality and privacy to the fullest extent possible, and their activity is tracked.
In exceptional circumstances, we may a release your information when we believe this is appropriate to comply with the law, ethical concerns, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
We may link to third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.